Victoria University of Wellington Tramping Club
Welcome to VUWTC Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Last Supper!

Last post 22-10-2008, 10:40 AM by Jason. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  13-10-2008, 5:56 PM 3732

The Last Supper!

Hello Everyone

Next Tuesday night 21 October there will not be a regular club meeting.

Instead, we have our fantastic once a year annual Last Supper club dinner where we descend on some unsuspecting, but nevertheless reputable establishment to consume fine food and wine.

And don’t be fooled by the name “Last Supper” it really is our one and only supper of the year and  maybe for the reason that there may not be enough establishments in Wellington if we were to do this more than once a year and seems to get bigger every year.

This year I have arranged a special set meal option at Planet Spice.  They’re a well regarded Indian restaurant at 128 Riddiford Street, Newtown that prepare many of their authentic dishes from scratch, check out their website here.  I know them personally and they will look after us with nobody going away hungry!

The plan is to meet there at 7.30pm.

So the deal is a selection of entrees to start to share, including vege and non vege options, followed by a selection of main courses to also share with rice and homemade rotis for the set price of $25 per person.  There is also BYO wine, with a small $3 corkage charge per person.  There is also a cash bar with a range of beer and other drinks for purchase at very reasonable prices.

I will need to let them know numbers by next Monday (20) night. So if you are interested could you please email or txt me before then.  

It promises to be a good night, and a great way to salute another fine tramping year and start the summer.

Alyn
    027 446 5275
    Alyn.Higgins@hospitalitynz.org.nz
    Filed under:
  •  19-10-2008, 6:00 PM 3754 in reply to 3732

Re: The Last Supper!

If anyone is after a ride out there let me know quickly. First in first served :)

Jason
    activnz@gmail.com
  •  19-10-2008, 6:02 PM 3755 in reply to 3732

Hey everyone don't forget that in place of this week's meeting its our annual last supper dinner. Can you please let me know if you are coming by Tuesday am. Check out all of the details here 

And don't forget that this event also features our annual billy awards. Check out the posting about this and how to nominate people here

See you there.

Alyn
    027 446 5275
    Alyn.Higgins@hospitalitynz.org.nz
  •  20-10-2008, 2:59 PM 3763 in reply to 3755

To add another laser to the collection of lasers and for those of you who don't know lasers are luxury automobiles.  I will be driving to this dinner affair and can give people a lift.  Let me know if you need a lift.

Craig

971 0989 

021 04 00 989

•  22-10-2008, 10:32 AM 3786 in reply to 3763

I hope everyone had a good time at the dinner last night.  On the note of paying for dinner there were a couple of people who didn’t pay last night at Planet Spice.  It has currently come out of Alyn’s pocket and that is a bit rough.  So if you haven’t paid for dinner please get in touch with Alyn and don’t leave Alyn out of pocket.

Craig

•  22-10-2008, 10:40 AM 3787 in reply to 3786

On that note also a big thanks to Alyn for organising the event. Cheers mate.
    Jason
    activnz@gmail.com
View as RSS news feed in XML