Victoria University of Wellington Tramping Club
Welcome to VUWTC Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

PARTY!!!

Last post 14-03-2008, 10:05 PM by Anonymous. 9 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  12-03-2008, 3:08 PM 2796

PARTY!!!

Yes, that's right! We now have a location for the party and it is going to be grand! The details will be posted later this afternoon so keep an eye on this spot to come to the best party happening in Wellington this weekend!

•  12-03-2008, 3:11 PM 2797 in reply to 2796

Re: PARTY!!!

And a Map!!

•  12-03-2008, 3:29 PM 2798 in reply to 2797

The loaction of the party is:

9 Howard Road, Point Howard, Eastbourne.

Driving directions from Wellington: Head towards Hutt Valley on SH2, take the first Petone exit and head all the way along the Petone Esplanade. Turn right at the roundabout onto Seaview road. Go straight and once you pass the Marina and big wharves Howard road is first on left. You have missed Howard road if you reach Sorrento or Lowry Bay.
    If you can't find a park outside you can park in front of the old fire station which is two properties down the hill from the house. Ignore the no parking signs because they are not supposed to still be there.

Check out this link for a ***map:**

Bus directions: catch an Eastbourne 81, 85 or 83 bus from the city or Lower Hutt and get off at Point Howard stop and head up the hill.  Last bus back to city leaves about 10:50.

There will be a BBQ there so bring some meat and BYO drinks.

Our host Sam has kindly offered for people to camp on the lawn or crash in the house if unable to drive home. I am sure there will be sober people driving back during the course of the evening so you can probably get a ride back into town at some point. We will organise a meeting place for those going with cars to pick up those without cars who need a ride there. More on that to follow...

•  12-03-2008, 5:27 PM 2801 in reply to 2798

Transport to this fantastic event!!!

Some of you would probably quite like a lift to amazing party.  So we are going to arrange some transport.  By far the best plan is to come along to the party stay the night and go home the next morning. But for what ever reason you want to go home there will be people driving home throughout the evening.

This post is to arrange transport to the party only

So if you want a ride to the party

MEET HUNTER CAR PARK 6:30PM Saturday evening

What I need to know is:

• People to let me know if they need a ride (so I can sort our cars)
    • Other people with cars willing to give lifts

So please let me know through the contact button on this post.

Craig Scott

•  14-03-2008, 1:36 AM 2813 in reply to 2801

I just noticed you should never let people help you pick login names while intoxicated.  On that note, I'm going to be needing a ride on saturday because I don't have a car and I have no idea where that place is.  It seems like I'll just bring my tent.  So if anyone has car space please let me know!

Emily 

•  14-03-2008, 10:19 AM 2818 in reply to 2813

Make sure you come to the best party ever, that is taking place tomorrow night!!!

There has been talk of some fun and games so if you have Twister bring it along!

Bring your favourite sounds too :)

•  14-03-2008, 3:14 PM 2821 in reply to 2818

Can you promise we're gonna play "circle of death"!!
  •  14-03-2008, 4:27 PM 2823 in reply to 2821

Hmmmm, I don't think I'll promise that one!

For those needing rides (and those able to take people), the meeting place is the Hunter Carpark at 6.30pm. If you want to leave later or are able to give rides later please put a post on the net so others are aware.

Thanks!

•  14-03-2008, 6:58 PM 2826 in reply to 2823

Leaving later for party

Hey anyone wanting to leave later on sat for the party, I finish work at 10pm and will be heading up for a few hours. So if you wanna ride, txt or call me on 027 211 2069/ 971 0989.

Cher

Scott.

•  14-03-2008, 10:05 PM 2828 in reply to 2818

There will be a slide show running at the party so bring along any tramping related photos you want to share.  usb, cd's or camera memory cards are ok.
View as RSS news feed in XML