Victoria University of Wellington Tramping Club
Welcome to VUWTC Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

climbing this weekend

Last post 04-04-2008, 3:50 PM by craig. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-04-2008, 4:07 PM 2950

climbing this weekend

anyone keen to go climbing this weekend?

•  02-04-2008, 4:28 PM 2951 in reply to 2950

Re: climbing this weekend

Craigs organising a Titahi Bay trip on Sunday which I'm keen to come along on too.
    Kieran,
    Co-Treasurer
  •  02-04-2008, 5:03 PM 2952 in reply to 2951

Hello all,

This has reminded me that I am meant to be writing something about climbing for this weekend.

The plan

• We are going climbing out at Titahi bay this coming Sunday.  It is a fantastic area with plenty of climbs mostly trad but some are bolted.  We will be setting up top ropes.  It is about 30 min drive north of Wellington and looks nicely over the sea
    • We will probably meet at Hunter car park sometime around 10am – 11am yet to be finalised
    • We can supply most of the necessary gear fro climbing including harnesses
    • There is plenty of stuff out there for beginners and plenty to challenge yourself if you want something harder

What you will need

• Warm clothes maybe even a sun hat or tea towel
    • Good footwear for walking to the crag and climbing if you don’t have shoes
    • Lunch

So if you are interested in coming along please send me an email using the contact button and I will add you to the list

•  03-04-2008, 7:36 PM 2972 in reply to 2952

Hey all, anyone going with room for 2 in their car?
  •  04-04-2008, 3:50 PM 2981 in reply to 2972

Righto guys

Here is the plan

We are meeting at the Hunter carpark at 10:45 on Sunday morning. We will then drive out and go climbing. It will be great!!

If you have already signed up or told me that you are comming I have transport sorted for you.

Currently we have 6 seats in cars left. So if you want to come and turn up on Sunday there should be a space for you.

Craig Scott

021 04 00989

View as RSS news feed in XML