Victoria University of Wellington Tramping Club
Welcome to VUWTC Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Rimutaka Ramblings - This Weekend

Last post 07-08-2008, 5:16 PM by Walter Moore. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-08-2008, 5:36 PM 3419

Rimutaka Ramblings - This Weekend

On the calendar this weekend is the exciting and special event Rimutaka Ramblings. What is that everyone asks? Well stuffed if I know either but I am as keen as mustard.

The Rimutaka's are the mountains across the harbour when you look east and we are going to have a rambling trip there. For some of you who remember we went into the area for Bush ball. So my plan will be to have a couple of trips go into the area and make summits of things such as Mt Mathew's and even make our way into the Mukamuka. There could even be a trip going on Friday night returning Saturday night.

So the main thing is EXPRESS your interest. It will be a good trip and there will be wheelbarrow if not truck loads of fun. Come along to the meeting on Tuesday for more details and sign up. Or email me.

Craig

•  05-08-2008, 5:48 PM 3423 in reply to 3419

Re: Rimutaka Ramblings - This Weekend

Any Scania, Hino or Isuzu trucks?

Sammy Roo
  •  06-08-2008, 7:48 AM 3425 in reply to 3423

Oh harden up...

Speaking of hard I'm keen as chips to take a harder trip in this weekend. Except it'll only be for Friday night and out Saturday due to other commitments on Sunday. We'll organise with the others, but then leave them way, way behind.

I anticipate at least 3 - 4 hours walk on Friday night, and upwards of 8 hours on Saturday all at a reasonable clip. Obviously with the intent of leaving the track somewhere far behind. If that sounds like fun to you then let Craig and myself know you're coming!!!

Cheers,
    Jason

027 308 3882
    activnz@gmail.com

Jason
    activnz@gmail.com
  •  06-08-2008, 2:46 PM 3428 in reply to 3425

I'm keen for a trip this weekend.  Especially if there's a keen group starting on Friday and coming back by Saturday night.

Hazel

•  06-08-2008, 9:17 PM 3429 in reply to 3428

Hey,

I'm keen for a trip that comes back Sat. I have heard rumers of Mt. Matthews, sounds like a good day trip plan to me! Other than I'm not sure if I'm quite fit enough to keep up with you at the moment Jason!!

This is tentive on me getting all of my study done first as I have 2 tests next week...

Terra :)

•  07-08-2008, 5:16 PM 3431 in reply to 3429

I am down for a trip this weekend as well. I was unable to make it to the meeting so I am still not fully in the loop. I just want to be in the bush and not in Wellington. My weekend is flexible, so long as I get some tramping!

Walter Moore

waltermoore@gatech.edu 

View as RSS news feed in XML