Victoria University of Wellington Tramping Club
Welcome to VUWTC Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Annual Billi Awards!!!

Last post 16-10-2008, 10:38 PM by Jason. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  14-10-2008, 12:46 PM 3740

The Annual Billi Awards!!!

At the Annual Dinner next Tuesday we'll be presenting the Annual Billi Awards. These awards and steeped in club lore and tradition. According to one club legend:

"There is a significant amount of history behind these awards but if you want details other than to just pay tribute to the fact that there is a long history you may need to ask someone with a beard. But in short they are called the billi awards because the awards were engraved (along with the winners of the awards on the side of our club billi’s). Due to billi’s no longer being in the abundance that they were in the lat 1980’s and gear custodians grumpier we now just imagine that the awards are engraved on the side of billi’s borrow the name billi for the award ceremony."

The categories for the awards are:

• Tramper of the year
    • Most promising new member
    • Most geographically embarassed
    • Piker of the year
    • Climber of the year

What can I do to help support this ancient tradition I hear you ask? Email me your nominations (don't post them here as they should be a surprise) along with a story to back it up, or even better a picture. Nominations can take any flavour, serious, comical, twisted, or downright pathetic (which would suit the piker nicely)

So get thinking and nominate a deserving person to join the highly regarded recipients from years gone by!

Jason
    activnz@gmail.com
  •  16-10-2008, 10:38 PM 3751 in reply to 3740

Re: The Annual Billi Awards!!!

Hiya people,

Lets get a few more nominations coming in. I've only had two categories come in so far...

Jason
    activnz@gmail.com
View as RSS news feed in XML