Victoria University of Wellington Tramping Club
Welcome to VUWTC Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Rock Climbing this weekend

Last post 01-04-2009, 11:57 AM by Terra Dumont. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  30-03-2009, 9:05 PM 4248

Rock Climbing this weekend

Hi all,

This weekend we're heading to Wharepapa for some rock climbing. You don't have to want to climb the rock to come along, just wanting to enjoy the company with some good food and drink will suffice!

Due to how far away Wharepapa is the trip this weekend wil cost $60 which goes towards camp fees at Wharepapa and transport. As always you will arrange dinner in smaller groups.

We will have some experienced club climbers providing instruction throughout the weekend and there will also be ample opportunities to pair up and climb.

Wharepapa is a 500km drive so we'll be attempting to leave promptly on Friday with minimal faffing. In my car the party starts as soon as we hit the road so BYO CD's and party hat!

Jason
    activnz@gmail.com
  •  31-03-2009, 10:33 PM 4251 in reply to 4248

Re: Rock Climbing this weekend

Here is some more info:

v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} p\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);} v\:textbox {display:none;} Slide 2 .O {font-size:149%;}

Everyone welcome! No experience required :)
    Meet April 3rd 5pm Hunter Car Park
    $55 ($47 gas + $8 camping ground fee)
    Bring:
    Camping stuff
    Sleeping bag + foam
    Warm clothes + waterproof jacket
    Plate/bowl/silverware
    Togs (there is a swimming pool! J )
    Climbing stuff – anything you have!
    If you don’t have anything that is fine - we will sort you out!
    Climbing shoes - of you want to rent some they are $10 per day from Fergs. Come down on Monday and find a pair that fits and I will record the size and we will pick them up fri.

So if you would like to come and didn't sign up at the meeting please contact me :)

enviro_runner@hotmail.com

027 643 3899

•  31-03-2009, 11:02 PM 4252 in reply to 4251

sorry I made a boo boo!

I ment to say come down to Fergs on WEDNESDAY to try on shoes, not monday. sorry! 

•  01-04-2009, 11:57 AM 4253 in reply to 4252

Yah so you should totally come! It will be an awesome weekend, catering for climbers of all abilities :)

Not to late to sign up - just flick me a text or email or give me a call! Would love to have you along :)

View as RSS news feed in XML