Victoria University of Wellington Tramping Club
Welcome to VUWTC Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Dazzling daytrip this weekend!

Last post 26-04-2007, 10:35 PM by Annabel. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  23-04-2007, 2:32 PM 828

Dazzling daytrip this weekend!

Hey all!

As well as some quality tramping this weekend, a day trip is being organised. I was thinking Belmont Regional Park as it's easy to get to and has some pretty neat views but there's heaps of exciting places round Wellington so let me know if you'd rather go somewhere else. Whether the trip goes on Saturday or Sunday depends on what people want so if you do want to go, send me an email and let me know what you're keen for and I'll try and get some dazzling day trip action going on!!

Cheers, Annabel

Filed under: ,
  •  25-04-2007, 11:55 AM 872 in reply to 828

Re: Dazzling daytrip this weekend!

Would love to do something on Sunday.  Belmont sounds great to me.  Never been there.  Looks awesome.  Just to throw the idea out there.  It looks like most of the tracks in the park are also open to Mountain bikes, so if anyone is up for a cycle maybe that would be possible.  I don't have a car though, so I'm not picky!  Whatever people are up for it fine with me.

Cheers,

Jamie
  •  25-04-2007, 8:43 PM 877 in reply to 828

Hi,

I would like to join this trip but I have only time on Sunday. I have neither a car nor a bike, but I am up for everything.

Cheers, Yannik 

•  26-04-2007, 5:27 PM 878 in reply to 828

Guys,

Although I probably wont be comin on this trip, a good plan is to get train to manor park station, walk into Belmont Park from Dry Creek entrance and then walk south to cornish street, and Catch the train back to Welly from Petone Station. Could also drive to either station, walk, and get train back to car. this allows for a one way trip with the added bonus of getting to see the Hutt by train. This is definitely one of New Zealand's premier train rides!!

Sights seen on the Walk include WWII Airstrip, and Belmont Trig with spectacular views of everything. 

•  26-04-2007, 10:35 PM 885 in reply to 878

Heyhey!

Ok current plan (unless someone comes through with another car) is to meet at 9.20am on Sunday morning by the ticket counters at the Wellington Railway Station to catch the 9.35 Upper Hutt train (and get off at Manor Park). If you are going, take warm clothes, a good rainjacket and lots of food (and a map would be good to find the park from the railway station!)

I'm away getting rained on in the Ruahines from tomorrow afternoon, but email me if you have any questions before then otherwise just turn up on Sunday morning and prepare to be dazzled!!

PS: don't be put off by war things!!

View as RSS news feed in XML