Victoria University of Wellington Tramping Club
Welcome to VUWTC Sign in | Join | Help

Climbing - Easter Weekend!!! Wharepapa and Waipapa

•  19-03-2008, 12:01 AM

Climbing - Easter Weekend!!! Wharepapa and Waipapa

Howdy all,

Just thought I'd let everyone know that there's a climbing trip going on heading somewhere up the North Island. The ultimate destination is Wharepapa and Waipapa but may include stops at almost any of the North Island Crags including: Ruapehu, Whanganui Bay, Kinloch or Karakara Bay or some combination of them. Nothing is set in stone yet but the loose plan is as follows

1) leave 7pm Thursday, drive to some remote location and camp the night

2) proceed to the first crag and climb, leave at night and either head to camp near another crag or head straight to Wharepapa/Waipapa.

3) If we didn't head to Wharepapa/Waipapa then climb where ever we are at and then decamp to Wharepapa/Waipapa, staying at the local school or if necessary at the Woolshed down the road at Castle Rock.

4) Climb to our hearts content and relax a bit (possibly with a brew or two well earned), leaving on Tuesday perhaps after another spot of you guessed it, Climbing :) !!

Right now there are 3 cars heading up and there's still some space left too, so if you're interested then drop me a line either on this thread or text me on 027 3030254. Should be a blast!

Cheers Bryan 

Filed under: , , ,
View Complete Thread