Victoria University of Wellington Tramping Club
Welcome to VUWTC Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Last Supper

Last post 17-10-2007, 8:49 AM by Timmy. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  10-10-2007, 12:46 PM 2332

The Last Supper

Hello Everyone

Next Tuesday night 16 October we will not be having a regular club meeting.

Instead, we have our annual Last Supper club dinner where we descend on some unsuspecting, but nevertheless reputable, establishment to consume fine food and wine.

This year I have arranged a set menu option at Roti on Willis street, a small Indian and Malaysian restaurant opposite the Willis st village upper Willis street.

The plan is to meet there at 7.30pm next Tuesday night.

So the deal is a selection of entrees to start to share, including vege options, followed by a selection of main courses to also share with rice and homemade rotis for the set price of $23 per person. BYO wine, although there may be a small corkage charge. Sounds like a deal to me.

Depending on numbers, we will either be in the function room or the main restaurant.

I will need to let them know numbers by Monday night. So if you are interested could you please email or txt me before then and let me know if you are bringing wine.  

It promises to be a good night, and a great way to salute another fine tramping year and start the summer.

Alyn

New Chief Guide

alyn.higgins@hanz.org.nz

027 4465275  

Alyn
    027 446 5275
    Alyn.Higgins@hospitalitynz.org.nz
  •  15-10-2007, 12:57 PM 2351 in reply to 2332

Re: The Last Supper

Just a reminder to people, you need to let Alyn know if you will be coming to the tramping club dinner tomorrow night.

It is awesome fun and you will also get to be enlightened by the presentation of the 2007 Billi awards

Craig Scott

•  15-10-2007, 3:51 PM 2358 in reply to 2351

Hey guys,

If any of you studenty types are keen to skive off for the afternoon, I hand my thesis in tomorrow (finally) so will be at my house getting reacquainted with some Double Brown from around 3pm and then will grab a bus into town for the dinner later on.  Drop me a line if your up for it and I'll try and direct you to my house

Kate :)

•  15-10-2007, 11:39 PM 2361 in reply to 2358

Yup, sounds good. Also I want to head away this weekend but don't really feel like exerting myself a lot. Carkeek. No. 3pm is too early, I will (ieee italics, how did that happen) still be working. Anyway, will text you when I get home....6ish. My number is 029 355 1388.
    Chur to the chur.
  •  16-10-2007, 12:36 PM 2362 in reply to 2358

For those that need it the address for the restaurant is 194 Willis St.

As said, the price for the food will be $23 payable per person to the restaurant with a corkage charge for those bringing wine.

There is also a good range of beers priced at around $4-5, as well as other drinks, coffees and desserts available on a cash per person basis.

See you all tonight.

Alyn
    027 446 5275
    Alyn.Higgins@hospitalitynz.org.nz
  •  17-10-2007, 8:49 AM 2364 in reply to 2332

Hey Alyn,

Thanks a lot for organising last nights little shin-dig, t'was a great night with great food and great company (as usual)!!

Cheers, Timmy

View as RSS news feed in XML