Victoria University of Wellington Tramping Club
Welcome to VUWTC Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Even Better Movie Madness!!

Last post 27-03-2008, 10:00 AM by Kieran. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-04-2007, 9:31 AM 674

Even Better Movie Madness!!

ok, some of you may know about jess's movie madness nights. this one is far far better!!

on the 26th of april and the 1st of may the banff mountain film festival is coming to town!! they show some pretty hardcore crazy stuff, well worth checking out! tickets are slightly pricey for us poor students at $20 per screening but who needs food anyway.

you can pick them up from any quality outdoor gear shop (as long as its bivouac)

you can even watch the trailer for it here!!

Filed under: ,
  •  05-04-2007, 9:52 AM 675 in reply to 674

Re: Even Better Movie Madness!!

The site strips out embedded objects - I'll see if I can work out how to include videos at some point - there is a video tab in the editor - anybody keen to
    work it out?

What's with the bivouac bias? I thought Mainly Tramping was the trampers shop of choice.

Filed under:
  •  05-04-2007, 9:59 AM 676 in reply to 675

If mainly sold Macpac they would be made! As Fairydown has turned to the darkside, Mainlys quality product choice is a bit limited. So for Macpac Bivouac it is!
  •  05-04-2007, 10:54 AM 679 in reply to 676

Bivouac is the current shop of choice due to our climbing officer working there and getting absurdly large discounts on gear (#*$^%!!!).

Look for the man with the shiny new cams.....

•  27-03-2008, 2:31 AM 2913 in reply to 674

Awesome, BANFF time.

I can't wait, this years line up looks cool (as always). To anyone who hasn't been before, this is the coolest set of short films to come out this year and is totally inspiring due to its amazingly awesomeness. Even looks likes a bit of Sharma action for all the climbing nuts out there :)

•  27-03-2008, 10:00 AM 2915 in reply to 2913

Here's the info for this year...

Showing at Paramount Theatre

reducedOnce again the New Zealand Alpine Club will be hosting the BANNF Mountain Film Festival in Wellington.

Dates & Venues

The program will be over two nights with distinct feature films on each night. You need to attend both nights to see all the films.

The festival will be shown at the Paramount Theatre on:

• Tuesday 22nd April
    • Thursday 24th April

More details on where to buy tickets and previews of the films to come.

Kieran,
    Co-Treasurer
View as RSS news feed in XML