Victoria University of Wellington Tramping Club
Welcome to VUWTC Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Kapiti Island Day Trip

Last post 30-04-2007, 10:31 PM by Anonymous. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  20-04-2007, 2:01 PM 816

Kapiti Island Day Trip

So details...

I have booked 30 places to go to Kapiti on Sunday May 6th.  However for Kapiti, permits from DoC need to be arranged in advance.  A permit is $9.  I have to confirm and pay DoC at least a week before we go.  So if you are keen to come, you need to pay me by Friday 27th of April, or preferably at next weeks meeting. 

Sorry for the short notice about this...

The boat also costs $45 return, but that will be spread out over the whole group, and can be paid on the day we go. 

If you want more details about the island visit www.doc.govt.nz, go to wellington region, and click on Kapiti Island. 

If you have any questions or want to sign up, send me an email. 

Cool

Sarah:)

Filed under: ,
  •  20-04-2007, 4:08 PM 822 in reply to 816

Re: Kapiti Island Day Trip

Hi All

Thanks to a heads up from Paul, questioning the price of the boat ride,  I realised I have been passing on false information. Doc quoted me $45 per boat ride, which in actual fact is $45 per adult.  However, on talking to the boat people they are prepared to drop the price to $35 per person in light of the fact that we are poor students and in a group. 

Cool

S

•  22-04-2007, 7:57 AM 823 in reply to 822

cool - I am in.
  •  23-04-2007, 8:23 PM 832 in reply to 823

Costs: Just to make it easier trip will be $45.  Please pay $10 deposit on tues if you sign up, for DoC permit.  
    Cheers,
    Sarah
  •  24-04-2007, 4:24 PM 867 in reply to 816

Sound great,
    I sign in at the meeting tonight!
    cheers
    Gesine
  •  30-04-2007, 10:31 PM 918 in reply to 816

Hi Sarah!

I just wondered if you had any places left on the Kapiti day trip.  I would love to come if so.  I can't make it to the start of the meeting tomorrow but can come around 8pm and pay, but just let me know if you if there are any places free.  Maybe this means I'll finally join Tramping club!

Liz (you met in Heidelberg)

View as RSS news feed in XML