Victoria University of Wellington Tramping Club
Welcome to VUWTC Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Bushcraft!

Last post 26-03-2008, 9:19 PM by powellmart. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  25-03-2008, 3:50 PM 2874

Bushcraft!

Hey everyone,

This weekend is Bushcraft, a chance to get out into the hills and learn a whole load of skills that will come in handy whereever and whenever you happen to be in the hills again! This includes using maps, compasses and the terrain to navigate and route find, learning how to cross rivers safely, be comfortable at camp (light cookers, set up flies) and a bunch of other things!

The trip will leave Friday night, returning Sunday and will be located in the Tararuas at a little known road end called North Manakau (just north of Otaki). This leads into a beautiful area of untracked, unhutted native bush and rivers, so plenty of opportunity to develop and test out these skills!

There will be options for experienced and inexperienced trampers alike, with the potential to develop both the basic skills in easier conditions/terrain or alternatively to go on a longer more hands on trip for those who have already tramped a bit. There will also probably be some people going in on Saturday morning.

To find out more, sign up or ask questions come along to the meeting tonight (8pm at Welsh Dragon Bar as uni is closed for easter) or email myself or Alyn.

Details of where, when and how much will be emailed to those that sign up. Also we need leaders/instructors so if you can help out with that it'd be great!

Cheers!

Kieran,
    Co-Treasurer
  •  26-03-2008, 9:19 PM 2887 in reply to 2874

Re: Bushcraft!

Hey, I missed the meeting (well I stupidly came at 7 30 and wondered where everyone was but thats beside the point). I'd like to sign up :D

View as RSS news feed in XML