Victoria University of Wellington Tramping Club
Welcome to VUWTC Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Midwinter Christmas!!!

Last post 14-08-2008, 8:37 PM by Roland Kempfle. 11 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  14-07-2008, 9:38 PM 3350

Midwinter Christmas!!!

•  16-07-2008, 12:12 AM 3355 in reply to 3350

Re: Midwinter Christmas!!!

For those who wish to contact me regarding midwinter Christmas, my e-mail is: amelia.opie@gmail.com or just click "send an e-mail" in reply to this post. Please contact me if you want to come on this trip and did not sign up at Tuesday's meeting.

Thank you!

See you on Saturday!

•  16-07-2008, 7:39 AM 3356 in reply to 3350

For all of you new folks looking for gear so you can come on this trip, check out the tail end of kathmandu's sale. located on the bottom end of willis st, they are good for picking up poly-props and other warm clothes, and have lots of other gear as well. Generally it is recomended to only buy gear from them durring a sale cause its too expensive otherwise, so go in while the gettings good!

-Jess 

Jess Clark
  •  16-07-2008, 10:27 AM 3357 in reply to 3356

Hello all,

Just to let you know that you will be hearing from me soon (tomorrow morning at the latest) with your group and group leader's contact. For those who were uncertain and have not confirmed attendance, can you please let me know asap so that I can put you in a group?

Thank you!

•  17-07-2008, 1:22 PM 3359 in reply to 3357

For those wondering where the e-mail is - I am working on it! Have had more people sign-up so I am doing some adding and shuffling of groups. Will send the info out later today. Please be patient! Thanks!

Amelia

•  17-07-2008, 1:37 PM 3360 in reply to 3350

Just a heads up for all you new to the club- as your group leader will only have one day to track you down and confirm you have gear, please please please read the gear list on the website and make sure you have collected as much of it as possible.

Sturdy footwear, pack, dry/warm clothes, sleeping bag- VERY IMPORTANT.

Do not come with duffle bags, shopping bags, or daypacks with everything strapped to the outside. DO NOT come without a rain jacket.

It will be WET and likely COLD while we are walking, although the walk is only a few hours and the hut should be toasty, so please be prepared. The club has very limited gear to loan.

Talk to your group leader about borrowing gear as EARLY as possible to save them running around like a possum with robert after it :)

Thats all- just wanted to hit the message home. This promises to be one of the biggest and best midwinter x-mases ever :)

Jess Clark
  •  17-07-2008, 5:19 PM 3361 in reply to 3360

Dear all,

We are meeting at Hunter carpark at Victoria University at 10am on Saturday, 19 July 2008. Please bring $20 to pay for the trip and extra money to contribute towards your group's dinner. If you haven't joined the club as a memeer you will also need to bring money to pay for membership.

Santa (or Rudolf) will also be in attendance so please bring a small gift (worth $2 or $3) to put in the Santa Sack so that you too can sit on Santa's knee and receive a present. Remember, if you don't bring a gift you will not get a gift!

You will also need a hut pass to pay for the hut which you must buy beforehand (i.e. Friday) at the Department of Conservation: 18 Manners Street, Wellington. Ph; 384 7770

Please find below the much awaited group list. Sorry it has taken so long. Please do not ask me to change who you are with unless you are REALLY unhappy with your group because I do not want to have to shuffle this around any more!

Please contact your group leader, especially if you only received this as a post and didn't get the e-mail as it means I have the incorrect e-mail address for you. Please contact me if you are no longer coming. Those with (car) written beside your name, I am replying upon you to bring a car - if you can't come or cannot supply a car, please contact me. If you don't have it written by your name and you can supply a car, please also contact me. If your name is not on the list and you are coming please let me know asap. Thank you.

Please note, it is VERY IMPORTANT that you have the correct gear for the trip. It is winter so make sure you have warm clothes for the hut as it is very cold at night. Please check the link: http://vuwtc.org.nz/cs/content/gear.aspx for the gear list. A sleeping bag is a neccessity. Make sure you have a foam bed roll as there will not be enough mattresses in the hut for us all. Remember food utensils as you will need these for dinner. A torch is good for finding your way to the toilet at night too!

Those who like drinking, bring your mulled wine, beer or whatever takes your fancy as there will be much merriment had in the hut. Pack lunches and snacks for both days beforehand. You will cook dinner with your group and we will likely stop at the supermarket on the way for dinner ingredients.

I think that is all for now. Any questions or comments, please contact your group leader.

See you on Saturday!

Amelia

Midwinter Christmas Trip – 19 July 2008

Group 1:

Leader: Rob Goguel

robert.goguel@gmail.com

Natalie Pilcher

Morgan Sissons (car)

Nina Armah

Andrew Wilson

Martin Dyer

Ashvini Savanthrapandian

Group 2:

Leader: Jason Murray (car)

activnz@gmail.com

Sam Baker (car)

Ray Rebong

Kailah Hayden-Karp

Claire Little

Sefi Mahmoudi

Nastacia Foster

Group 3:

Leader: Amelia Opie

amelia.opie@gmail.com

Regan Liddell (car)

Adam Williams

Mikey Instone (car)

Craig Scott (car)

Annabelle Spencer:

Rebecca Burns

Group 4:

Leader: Jess Clark (car)

clarkjess@student.vuw.ac.nz

Timmy Doyle: (car)

Sarah Therkleson

Emma Pickering

Lars J. Alvix

Ingrild Lunde

Andred (car)

Group 5:

Leader: Terra Dumont

enviro_runner@hotmail.com

Phil Ruck

Paul Coleman

Miri Duffield

Guy Short

Jeremy Haines

Kieran Paton

Group 6:

Leader: Alyn Higgins (car)

alyn.higgins@hanz.org.nz

Hazel Bidmead

Milena Wolf

Alina Körber

Austin Carpenter

Scott Wilson

Group 7:

Leader: Kit Napier

chris@medialab.co.nz or

kitnapier@hotmail.com

Roland Kempfle

Ally Gimbel

Emily Roth

Ben McLauchlan

Ben’s friend

Kenneth MacKenzie

•  18-07-2008, 12:55 PM 3365 in reply to 3361

Dear all,

Please be advised that the contact person for this trip is Annabel Beattie. Her phone numbers are:

Home: (04) 478 1216
    Cell phone: 027 284 5725

Leave these contact details, along with trip details (Sat morning, 19 July 2008, going to Tutuwai Hut, Tararua ranges, returning to Wellington on Sunday evening, 20 July 2008), with a reliable person (family member/reliable flatmate etc.). This is the number to contact in case of emergency - NOT the police. If you are not back by Sunday evening (highly unlikely), they must contact this number. The contact person will be advised if we have benn held up for some reason and will be able to advise any concerned people. The reason for this is that we do NOT want large numbers of people bothering the police or search and rescue just because we have had a slight delay in returning.

So please pass these details on to someone reliable.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Amelia
  •  18-07-2008, 3:37 PM 3366 in reply to 3365

The following e-mails keep bouncing back so if this is your e-mail and you are still wanting to come please contact me asap with your correct e-mail. Thank you.

sefi.mahmoudi@gmail.com

ingrildlunde@windowslive.com

morgan84@msn.com (I'm pretty sure you are coming Morgan but please just let me know that you have all the info - thanks!)

•  21-07-2008, 10:32 AM 3369 in reply to 3366

Hey guys,

If you want to stick up one or two of your favourite photos from the weekend there is an album available http://vuwtc.org.nz/cs/photos/mwc2008/default.aspx

Also, massive than you to Amelia who really pulled out all the Christmas fuzzies to get this event on the go and making it awesome! Big thanks to those people who relentlessly cleaned up after all the Christmas fuzzies were dispensed, Jess and Tim + many others

•  21-07-2008, 10:55 AM 3370 in reply to 3369

Hey everyone,

Thank you to everyone who came along - it was great to have you all there and being a part of the Christmas cheer. Thanks to everyone who helped out - especially the busy bee cleaners in the morning (so grateful!), in particular, Jess, Timmy, Terra, Mikey and various others. Also, thanks to Craig for being a wonderful Rudolf!

Amelia

•  14-08-2008, 8:37 PM 3452 in reply to 3370

Hi everyone,

First of all thank you so much, Amelia, for organising that fantastic weekend, and thanks to all for the great party! Now, I seem to be too stupid to find out how to post pics on the website and I'm completely running out of time to do that - but even those of you who avoid exhibitionist web communities can watch a selection of my pics on this link: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2005946&l=7a4cd&id=1139727422

I did not post the "worst" (= most fun) pics not to embarrass anyone, but you're welcome to bribe me to get all my pics uncensored if you really want ;-)

Hope to see some of you on another trip (once I find time)

Roland

View as RSS news feed in XML