Victoria University of Wellington Tramping Club
Welcome to VUWTC Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Gourmet goodness!

Last post 24-04-2007, 9:23 AM by Kieran. 9 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  15-04-2007, 5:02 PM 762

Gourmet goodness!

Hola there everyone!!
    Plans are underway for gourmet this weekend- it is set to be an excellent weekend of fine cuisine, classy cocktails and a champagne breakfast (and a minimal amount of tramping)!! The plan is roughly to meet Saturday morning and come back Sunday afternoon (I'm meant to be back in time for a 21st then so shouldn't be too late!!) If people are keen for something a bit more adventurous, there might be some crazed escapades (but that would involve carrying copious amounts of food for longer distances!!) so let me know if you're up for that.

Anyway if you're keen (as I'm sure you must be), I'll have a sign-up sheet at the Bristol on Tuesday night or if you can't make it there, drop me an email on beattianna@student.vuw.ac.nz

Cheers, Annabel

Filed under: , ,
  •  15-04-2007, 8:33 PM 764 in reply to 762

Re: Gourmet goodness!

Hey Annabel,

Does this plan involve any Hut in particular, or just the Hutt, possibly? Now that would be the minimalist approach - very trendy these days.

•  15-04-2007, 9:44 PM 766 in reply to 764

lol

so when is it again? need to apply for time off work

•  16-04-2007, 1:33 PM 777 in reply to 766

Haha think the Hutt might be too hot to handle!! After some intense debate around the Kaweka hotpools, the general consensus was to head to Mangahao Flats hut in the Northern Tararuas. This is yet to be confirmed but is the most likely option at this stage (let me know if you think you have a better idea).

And to confirm, Gourmet is THIS weekend ie: the 21st-22nd of April. So make sure you get cracking on the gourmet food ideas!!

•  16-04-2007, 1:53 PM 778 in reply to 777

Ok, just a few other things after checking my emails:

-plan is to meet 9am on Saturday morning at Hunter carpark. We'll stop at a supermarket on the way to the roadend to stock up on our culinary delights which we'll then cook at the hut on Saturday night

-after a champagne breakfast on Sunday morning we'll stagger back to the roadend then drive home.

-the cost for the trip will be about $20 (yet to be confirmed) which covers petrol and club gear taken along (but does not include food or booze). This needs to be paid either on Tuesday night or at the carpark on Saturday morning (I'll have the moneybox there).

-I haven't quite figured out what to do about cocktails- but am thinking along the lines of if you're keen, you'll need to give me an extra $10 and that will get you a few cocktails (ie: you might want to bring a few beers or something too). If you're not keen for cocktails, that's all good- they're not compulsary. I'll get the supplies on Saturday morning so you'll need to have got money to me by then.

Sweet, let me know if you have any other questions!

•  18-04-2007, 12:17 AM 797 in reply to 778

I gotta work on Saturday.  Anyone with a car in the same boat?  Or is anyone leaving in the evening and willing to night tramp 'er in to the hut?  If anyone's keen please let me know.  I'd love to go, but I'm not free until 18:00 in the evening.  

Cheers,

Jamie
  •  18-04-2007, 5:16 PM 801 in reply to 797

Hola everyone!!
    Final plans for Gourmet this weekend are to head to Roaring Stag (to optimise our drinking and eating time). The plan is to meet at the Hunter carpark at Kelburn at 9am on Saturday morning. If you haven't already signed up, drop me an email and I'll put you in a gourmet food group for Saturday night!!

Chur chur

•  19-04-2007, 5:24 PM 807 in reply to 801

> to head to Roaring Stag (to optimise our drinking and eating time)

I thought we were a tramping club? ; )

Richie
    Filed under: , ,
  •  19-04-2007, 7:54 PM 811 in reply to 807

Point taken!

For those people who are keen for some more serious tramping this weekend, a few people are heading in on Friday night to do a bit of a mission on Saturday before meeting everyone else on Saturday night. Drop me an email if you're keen for some adventures!

Cheers

•  24-04-2007, 9:23 AM 849 in reply to 807

Note all the photos of Gourmet 2007 are tramping photos - not a roast chicken in sight! We had a good trip actually - in to Blue Range friday night then down to Cow Saddle in the sunshine, up to Waingawa in the mist and along Cattle Ridge to meet the others at Roaring Stag.
    Kieran,
    Co-Treasurer
    Filed under: ,
View as RSS news feed in XML