Victoria University of Wellington Tramping Club
Welcome to VUWTC Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Tramping Club Party!!

Last post 25-03-2007, 5:28 PM by LoneWolf. 15 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (16 items)   1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  19-03-2007, 12:36 PM 337

Tramping Club Party!!

Hey kids,

Now some of that pesky tramping is out of the way we can concentrate on the more important events approaching this weekend – Rockcraft 1 and the first tramping club party!!  The party will be after Rockcraft 1 on Saturday night and is going to be held at Bryans house, 59a Northland Rd, which is above the Northland shops. The door is just to the right of the dairy and will have a sign on it so you know where you are going!

Getting there, if you are busing it should be No. 22 or 23 and jump off the bus just after the Northland tunnel. If you are walking there is lots of ways and hopefully someone more computer savvy than me will attach a map! Other than that, there will be cars going from all over the place so ask around at the meeting and we can try and wrangle some type of car pooling situation.

So come along Saturday anytime from 8pm, bring yourself, your friends, flatmates, strangers met along the way, something to drink and anything else you want to make the evening fun J To put your minds at rest I can also guarantee there will be no bagpipes or Britney Spears, I can't comment on the possible presence of pyschadelic turkeys though....

Any questions come along to the meeting on Tuesday or flick me an email mckenzkath1@student.vuw.ac.nz, see you all on Saturday!!!!

•  19-03-2007, 11:27 PM 339 in reply to 337

Re: Tramping Club Party!!

I'll be there!

....not quite with bells on but i did find some rather snazzy drinking costumes in a box the other day which are far far better than bells, cows wear bells and i am no cow!

also on a good note, bryans flatmates are a whole lot friendlier this year! last years flatmates were not too happy to find comaed out people on their balcony... or so i have been told, i would not know!

Ollie
  •  21-03-2007, 5:01 PM 349 in reply to 339

Party bus - Transport to get there

Just to help people out.  Some of the kind people at VUWTC have decided to run a special bus service.  Now this is not really a bus and it is more likely that the only special thing about it may be the person driving it!

But here is the plan!!

• A form of transportation will be leaving from the normal meeting place of the Hunter Car Park at 7:30 pm on Saturday night.
    • This mighty vehicle will transport you to the party for a fantastic night of party party!!

Things I need to make this plan work

• People who actually want a ride from the hunter car park (so it isn’t a bus driver only affair)
    • Other people who are willing to help be part of a bus service (bring them and their car along)

Either reply to this post or contact me using the contact button so that I figure out the feasibility of this plan

Craig Scott

•  22-03-2007, 5:46 PM 369 in reply to 349

Hello Craig,

I will help out by being someone so that it isn't a bus driver only event.

Thanks,

Terra

•  22-03-2007, 9:14 PM 370 in reply to 349

1. Party party party suck bite suck bite!

Sammy Roo
  •  23-03-2007, 11:17 AM 374 in reply to 370

well I don't know if that will inspire people to come on Saturday but this, this is inspiring....

"Double Brown is a popular full- flavoured brown beer with a 4% alcohol content. Available in distinct cans, bottles and on tap, Double Brown is a reasonably priced beer typically enjoyed by mates in a variety of settings"

see, a friendly, flexible,"reasonably priced" beer, how could anyone drink anything else!

•  23-03-2007, 2:47 PM 379 in reply to 374

Well, we can tell who the climbers are. No, no, no, it is Bushmans for the trampers...I mean, you just can't get enough of that "strong salty flavour" can you?

Bushmans
    745ml, Swappa Crate
    The Mill Liquorsave
    In Store Special Bushmans   $19.99ea

Brand Vessel Alcohol % Volume
    Bushmans Crate Bottles 5.0% 745ml

Product Description:

Bushmans beer has a sharp taste and a strong salty flavour. With a hint of citrus and a slight hoppy smell. It pours with a big frothy head and leaves lacing.

•  23-03-2007, 3:46 PM 380 in reply to 379

Lets break down that beautifully written product description in another way shall we?

"sharp" - pungent or biting in taste or felt acutely; intense; distressing

"salty"- Witty; pungent; earthy

"hint" - a very slight or hardly noticeable amount

"slight" - frail; flimsy; delicate

"frothy" - unsubstantial; trifling; shallow; empty

"lacing" - to lash, beat, or thrash or to attack physically or verbally

"Bushmans beer has a pungent distressing taste and a hilariously strong flavour of dirt. With an unnoticable amount of citrus and a frail odour. It pours with an largely unsubstantial amount of head and leaves you feeling physically beaten."

What a bargain at only $20 a crate.....

•  23-03-2007, 4:32 PM 381 in reply to 380

Whewf! It's a good thing I only like wine
  •  23-03-2007, 4:33 PM 382 in reply to 380

This looks like a fun game. while we're out on a limb, I'll add:

popular:
        adapted to the ordinary intelligence or taste;
        suited to the means of ordinary people; not expensive

full:
        to tread or beat cloth to cleanse or thicken it;
        exactly or directly: The blow struck him full in the face.;

distinct:
        Clearly defined; unquestionable

mates:
        A U.S. Navy petty officer who is an assistant to a warrant
        officer.; aka seamen

variety:
        a type of animal or plant produced by artificial selection.

settings:
        A set of eggs in a hen's nest.

Double Brown is an ordinary, boring beer that treads on small, clothed children. With less alcohol content than the real Bushmans beer. Available in clearly defined vessels, as every other beer is. Double Brown is a cheap beer typically enjoyed by petty seamen and Australians whilst surrounded by genetically modified eggs.

Ok, that was a bit of a stretch. But think of the children! And the genetic engineering!

•  23-03-2007, 6:37 PM 384 in reply to 382

amen to that. double brown is urine in a can all shaken up, whilst being readily available (at ripoff prices) for poor students to buy. whats going on there?!
  •  23-03-2007, 7:53 PM 389 in reply to 349

Hello

Just to confirm all of this... The party bus, not the great beer argument (go the 440ml wide mouth Ranfurly draft in delicate 20 pack slabs)

7:30pm Hunter carpark saturday night - party bus

Craig

021 04 00 989

•  23-03-2007, 10:21 PM 390 in reply to 382

Look Dale, all i got from your rant was:

"Double brown is a customary beer, which is taking great steps to bore holes in unimportant children and their clothes. This is why its clearly worthy of being voted for. It marks the boundary, the cutting edge of beer technology. It is also lower in price than might reasonably be expected and is suited to most occasions. It is far above enlisted sailors and Australians due to the technological enhancement of desired traits in this excellent beer."

Ordinary: 
      Customary

Boring
      Used to describe tools that makes holes in things

Treads
     To take a step or steps

Available
      elegible and willing to run for election

petty seamen
      above enlisted sailors

genetic modification
    the alteration and recombination of genetic material by technological means with applications in enhancing desired plant characteristics
  •  24-03-2007, 8:23 AM 392 in reply to 390

Well my favourite low-price beer (0.5l bottle 50nz-cent!) is Sternburg Export - süffig, würzig (tasty, spicy)! - 5.2% alc.

You can't break that down for sure!

•  24-03-2007, 10:09 AM 393 in reply to 392

Export: to ship (commodities) to other countries or places for sale, exchange, etc. Spicy: suggestive, racy, ribald, improper. Tasty: Having a pleasing flavor; savory.

A savory, improper beer that likes to sail, or possibly gives you sea legs? 

Sammy Roo
Page 1 of 2 (16 items)   1 2 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML